PROGRAMME MANAGER – Gifted Education Program
Posting Title: PROGRAMME MANAGER – Gifted Education Program
Organization: TARCO Association (Non-Profit, NGO)
Duty Station: MANZANILLO, MEXICO
Posting Period: 01 February 2018 – 21 February 2018
Contract Period: 6 months, with possibility of extension (Extension of the appointment is subject to extension of the mandate and/or the availability of the funds)
Org. Setting and Reporting
Created in February 2017, TARCO Association is a philanthropic organisation, with the goal to promote Meritocracy and Social Mobility. TARCO Association will be providing tailor-made educational programs to develop all forms of intelligence in gifted children from disadvantaged areas in Mexico initially.
TARCO Association's mission is to revolutionise vocational education by providing to young gifted individuals the opportunity to become better and develop their own merits. The Association focuses on identifying individuals in Mexico coming from disadvantaged areas at a young age and give them the opportunity to develop their own merits. By living a fulfilled life closer to their maximum potential, they can become themselves a positive force in society.
The program will start with a pilot of 15 gifted individuals in Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico, where the Project Manager will be based. Besides being a very pleasant work environment, Manzanillo is an area with great disparities between the rich and the poor. TARCO Association aims to provide gifted children better opportunities in life.
Under the overall guidance of the Director and Founder of TARCO Association, the Project Manager will carry out the following duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Contribute to the design of the project management plan and responsible for its implementation.
• Develop Terms of Reference, and lead hiring process as well as supervision of other project staff, including an education professional specialised in gifted children education, a hypnotherapist and other members of staff (TBC).
• Identify school and dormitory facilities and location for the pilot program, develop facility management plan, budget, and oversee the education institution’s management.
• Coordinates selection process of the 15 pilot program beneficiaries, i.e. gifted individuals aged 5-16 years from disadvantaged areas in Manzanillo, in collaboration with MENSA Mexico and local authorities.
• Lead discussions and follow-up correspondence with participating individuals’ parents or custodians, and prepare documentation and communication plan with relevant parties.
• Oversee the differentiated curriculum development for the project, as well as its compliance and execution.
• Responsible for monitoring of project activities, project performance, evaluation, and project budget.
• Ensure the timely delivery according to agreed milestones as well as preparation of donor reports, public relations, external communications and project documentation.
• Develop close partnerships with other organisations working in the field of gifted education in Mexico and globally such as MENSA, Fundación Televisa, international NGOs and education institutes, among others.
• Provide regular updates on project progress to the Board and General Assembly of TARCO Association.
• Carry out any other duties requested by the President and Founder.
Advanced university degree in programme management, education, business, or any related field. A first-level university degree in any of these fields, in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, preferably in the field of educational programs. Experience in developing and implementing a comparable project from inception to successful execution is required. Experience in gifted education or curriculum development is desirable. Scientific or academic research in the area of gifted education, curriculum development, or high-impact educational programmes is an asset.
Spanish and English are the working languages for this project, while fluency in Spanish is mandatory. Knowledge of another language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a written assessment exercise and if successful will be followed by an interview.
Remuneration is very competitive for the Mexican market and will be discussed during the interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should send a full application package containing: a CV, Cover Letter, and optionally academic or scientific research papers to email@example.com no later than 1st of March 2018.